This is Signals, a new community and newsletter by me, Sandy Weisz, commissioner of The Mystery League. My day job is making puzzles for corporate team-building events. Signals is my way to build puzzles and talk about puzzles directly with the folks who love to solve them. Hopefully that's you.
Become a member
You can become a member of Signals for $5/month. Here's why you might do that:
- You'll get our weekly email Dispatch, which includes puzzles, links and stories about the world of puzzles.
- You gain access to hints and solutions to all puzzles, including the complex, original Mysteries and the simpler EnigMarch puzzles.
- You'll be eligible to add your name to puzzle leaderboards.
- You'll be alerted to new puzzles as soon as they're published (optional).
- Your membership helps me spend more time on Signals. The benefits of membership follow a Kickstarter model, where the more members who join, the more puzzles I'll write and the more features I'll build into this site.
So far, the roadmap for membership includes…
- Adding a leaderboard for members who solve my original puzzles.
- Building a way for members to ask me for personalized hints.
- Hiring illustrators to help me build out the puzzles.
- Creating large-scale puzzle hunts for members.
Is there something missing from the above list that you'd like to see included in membership? Feel free to fill out this form:
Subscribe for free
If you don't want to or can't pay for a membership, you can still subscribe to Signals for free. Subscribers will receive our monthly newsletter (which will highlight the best links from the weekly emails), and you'll have access to the entire back catalog of puzzles. (But no access to hints or leaderboards.)
Thanks! Here are some FAQs, but feel free to drop me a line if you have any other questions! I love getting email and I promise to write back ASAP.
What happened with the old Revue Dispatch?
Where is my password?
There are no passwords. Every time you want to log in, you enter your email address and the system emails you a magic link. Let us know if you run into any trouble.
How do I unsubscribe?
Go here and toggle the subscription button.
Why is it called Signals?
The word "signals" nicely combines the act of communication and the act of finding meaning among the noise of a puzzle.
Wait, wasn't it called ₴ł₲₦₳Ⱡ₴ for a hot minute?
Yes, but then it was pointed out to me that using weird Unicode symbols like that was a nightmare for folks who use screen readers. (Thank you to all of you who let me know!) So I've gotten rid of those symbols.
I have another question!
Thanks for reading and solving,
Commissioner of The Mystery League